Tips on distressing paint?

Beth HubleyAnnShoshana
+4

• Lightly sand the piece (if it is already painted). Follow up with sealer.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead

you can either do the dry brush method or you can paint with chalk paint and when dry take some sandpaper to it.
  • Johnavallance82

Rub it back
  • Ebbjdl

What about the paint,. ? explain
  • Shoshana

I saw a great tip once that you can add vaseline before you apply your top coat of paint to get a good distressed look in those spots.
  • Ann

Anne Slobe utube.
  • Beth Hubley

I recently distressed a dresser I was finishing. I used an opaque wood stain in a cape cod grey. I sanded the dresser first as it had been stripped but was still a little rough and had some stains. I got it as clean as possible before applying two coats of stain with a foam brush. I then used a 150 grit sandpaper to sand in the places I wanted to be distressed. I used a hand sander as well as a mouse sander. When I had it the way I wanted I applied a clear satin polyurethane. I love the way it turned out.
    , Before, Here are a couple of drawers in the distressing process, After The distressed look gave it a brachytherapy worn look perfect for my granddaughters flip flop bedroom