Sharon Risher
Sharon Risher
  • Pensacola, FL

How do you clean grout on tile floors?

DfmNancyDoanie
+5

• Liz Toone

I use a strong solution of Oxyclean, detergent and water. I apply it to the grout with a mop and leave it on for an hour or so. Then I remove it with plain water and a mop. This takes a while and I have to rinse and wring my mop frequently. Maybe someone has a better idea. My way is kind of messy and time-consuming, but it works nicely.
  • Karen Tokarse

Tell the grandkids you're playing Army and they've been assigned latrine duty and have to scrub the grout with toothbrushes and some kind of grout cleaner. They will LOVE it -- especially if they can get all messy with it.
  • Castrang17

Spray Shout on the grout, wait a bit and then spray Comet spray, wait a bit more. This will be sticky, so do a small area at a time. Use a toothbrush or a brush of choice and clean those tiles. Recently, I purchased a battery powered scrubbing brush with a long handle (adjustable) and it works great for scrubbing grout floors and tub grout and tubs! Even spray the inside of the tub and power brush scrub, remember to wash the floors/walls/tub thoroughly with water, so it is not sticky or slippery. No bending with this power scrubber! Have fun!!
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I have never found a product that works better than plain old vinegar. Spray it from a bottle, leave for a few minutes, and rinse off. If you still have dirt, try a second coat and brush into the grout. Then mop.
  • Doanie

The absolute best way is with a canister steam machine , one with a little nozzle. I sat on the floor and cleaned every line and it came out looking brand new. Otherwise it takes plenty of elbow grease regardless of which product you use, with a stiff little brush angled brush.
  • Nancy

when i see a question about grout between tile i think of a toothbrush and tooth pastes lol good luck in watever u find to use😊
  • Dfm

3/4 cup baking soda 1/4 cup oxy clean mix for a thick paste. apply to grout let sit for 30 min. scrub with brush