Deanna Mills
Deanna Mills
  • East Saint Louis, IL

What is a easy flower garden for older people. We all get there.

AnnWendyLinda Sikut
+5

75 year old female who must down size my garden, because it has become a chore instead of a pleasure. I live in zone 6, My shade flower garden is 4 ' by 20 ' my sunny garden is 7' by 30 feet. Thank you so much. I never thought I would be asking for information about flowers and plants but I have found as we get older things change. Is there a site for older gardenings????

• Catherine Anspaugh

I would suggest using wildflowers and perennials.
  • Eag27369459

I find using plants native to the area I am living in requires less maintenance. The county extension office has a lot of information and they are eager to share information.s
  • Sharon

large containers or raised beds, and flowering shrubs.
  • Linda Sikut

For your shade garden, I highly recommend hostas. There are so many kinds and they really don't require much care - except water. We do cut of the flower stems when they die but that's not very hard at all.

• Wendy

Sunflowers. Sunflower seeds are large and easy to handle, good luck!
    • Deanna Mills

In the back yard this is a great idea, in the front I was looking for more of a low growing plant. Thanks.
  • Ann

hostas and rose of Sharon are great.