How to clean a patio, builder said not to use a power wash

RaeGre6568857Jane
+5

• Ebbjdl

If powerwashing is done with the right pressure it can be done. You can also get a bottle of bleach, and a (deck brush) . Pour some bleach and scrub with the brush, hose down. Bleach is something that you should not breathe. If you have. a concrete patio use the powerwashing method. My husband did ours, and it always looks great. You can rent a power washer at Homedepot or Lowe's for one day. It's better to powerwash after it rains, if you have no cover over your patio. Good Luck!

Use Wet and Forget
  • Ok, so what were the alternatives the builder provided? I just use a hose to clean mine. Occasionally use a bucket of water and Dawn dish soap and a stiff bristle long handled broom to scrubb then rinse with hose.
  • Jane

First time my husband used the power washer he had the pressure set too high and took off a small chunk of cement! This past year, we figured it out on the setting and it worked great. Took of years of dirt and crime.
  • Jane

you can also purchase products that you attach to a hose.
  • Gre6568857

Thank you very mucy
  • Rae

Also I didn't see where anyone recommended sealing your concrete ( if it is) after the cleaning. Don't be afraid of the pressure washer. It is one of my favorite tools!