Katie
Katie
  • Hampstead, NH

How can I clean my coffee maker?

Lynn BuskeLappterriRit15293853
+4

• I run a full pot of 50/50 vinegar and water solution, then a full pot of just water to rinse. Then soak all removable parts and the carafe in the kitchen sink with hot water and Dawn dish soap. You can also look up your model on the manufacurers website and follow their recommendations.
  • Ann

vinegar and water. Many utube helps to watch.
  • 2dogal

I perk a couple cups of straight vinegar through my coffee maker. That gets rid of any residue. Then I perk a couple cups of clean water to get rid of any vinegar taste.
  • Tif30050947

I have run vingear through it to clean everything, hope this helps, of course, run plain water a few times afterwards
  • Rit15293853

I agree with Naomie! But when you run the vinegar/water through the pot , put a filter in it to catch the debrie. I pour my solution through several times. After that i let it sit for awhile. Then i rinse about 3 times. I have unplugged my coffee pot, laid on kitchen counter, tilted it toward sink, wet it inside and took my hand with paper towel and cleaned inside, or use a small brush to clean. Rinse out good, plug up and use the vinegar/water process. Never had a problem with coffee pot working!! I clean mine about every 2 months.
  • Lappterri

I used to work in a place that had self serve in pots. The last little bit of coffee was always burnt in the bottom of the carafe. We rinsed the excess out with water to cool the pot the added 1/4 cup of salt and enough ice water to cover the burnt coffee and swirl it around. It's amazing to watch the burnt on coffee disappear. Then run through a pot of vinegar followed by several of water again and you have a clean pot with no burnt smell or taste.
  • Lynn Buske

Vinegar and water, apply in coffee maker as though making coffee. One part vinegar/ two parts water. Run through twice, then use fresh water to rinse through before making your coffee.