Whitewashing A Wood Table The Easy Way

$20

We built our dining room table several years ago and I had stained it dark. I grew a little tired of the dark wood look and decided to lighten it up, based on a easy technique that I've used before!
This farmhouse style table was one that we built for our dining room and I have full instructions for the build on my blog. I grew tired though of the rustic dark stain and rather than remove that, I decided to experiment with a technique that I've used on other small pieces in the past.
I simply used watered down acrylic paint and thinned it out. Once it was thinned out enough to cover lightly, I grabbed a paintbrush and working in the direction of the grain I painted right over the existing finish with a drybrush technique. For specifics on this you can check out my blog post linked below.
Working in small areas at a time I brushed and dragged a clean cloth over to remove some of the paint. Once I finished the entire table I stepped back for a look and to see if any areas perhaps needed more paint added and then wiped again.
After adding and removing paint to get the look that I wanted, I waxed the tabletop to protect it.
More on my blog post, linked below at shabbyfufublog.com

• Paint  (home store)
  • Wax  (amazon)

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu

• Jane Waldmann

Hi Janet, Had no idea you were on Hometalk. Found you by accident, lol. I've always loved your dining room table and chairs. No matter what you do it's always beautiful!

• Jess | Pretty Living

Looks great! 👏🏻