Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu
Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu
  • Miami, FL

Whitewashing A Wood Table The Easy Way

$20

We built our dining room table several years ago and I had stained it dark. I grew a little tired of the dark wood look and decided to lighten it up, based on a easy technique that I've used before!
whitewashing a wood table the easy way
This farmhouse style table was one that we built for our dining room and I have full instructions for the build on my blog. I grew tired though of the rustic dark stain and rather than remove that, I decided to experiment with a technique that I've used on other small pieces in the past.
whitewashing a wood table the easy way
I simply used watered down acrylic paint and thinned it out. Once it was thinned out enough to cover lightly, I grabbed a paintbrush and working in the direction of the grain I painted right over the existing finish with a drybrush technique. For specifics on this you can check out my blog post linked below.
whitewashing a wood table the easy way
Working in small areas at a time I brushed and dragged a clean cloth over to remove some of the paint. Once I finished the entire table I stepped back for a look and to see if any areas perhaps needed more paint added and then wiped again.
whitewashing a wood table the easy way
After adding and removing paint to get the look that I wanted, I waxed the tabletop to protect it.
More on my blog post, linked below at shabbyfufublog.com

• Paint  (home store)
  • Wax  (amazon)
Janet Coon-Shabbyfufu

• Mary

I absolutely LOVE ❤️ this look and how you achieved it ❣️‼️❣️

• Jane Waldmann

Hi Janet, Had no idea you were on Hometalk. Found you by accident, lol. I've always loved your dining room table and chairs. No matter what you do it's always beautiful!