Jonanna Stakem
Jonanna Stakem
  • South Windsor, CT

What is the best way to get the glue residue off of bottles

KimLinda SikutMsr28465889
+6

• Marla James

First, try slathering it with warm peanut butter. Let it sit an hour or so and then fill the bottle with hot water and rub the peanut butter around before washing it off with Dawn concentrate. If that doesn't work, try GooGone, which you can get at your local hardware store.

• Carol Cole

rubbing alcohol
  • Marla James

Cover the residue with peanut butter and let it sit an hour or so. The fill the bottle with hot water, rub the peanut butter into the residue, and wash the peanut butter off with Dawn concentrate (no water until you're ready to rinse), and then rinse with hot water. What remains should come off with a paper towel. If this doesn't work, get some GooGone at your local hardware store.
  • Liz Toone

I soak my bottles in hot soapy water. This usually works but if it doesn't, here is my process. I apply Goo Gone to the glue and then put a thin layer of paper towel on the spot with the glue is and add a little more Goo Gone. I then lay the bottle or jar on its side and prop it with something so that it does not roll so that the side with a paper towel and Goo Gone is facing up. I leave it on for about an hour or so then I rub it off with a paper towel. This works very well.
  • Ebbjdl

Start by filling the bottles with water, now put them laying down in the sink filled with hot water. Make sure their covered with the water. Next, let them soak for at least 3 hrs, the glue will become sticky. You can use Goo Gone to clean the rest of the glue off with a rag. Good Luck!
  • Msr28465889

Use Goo Gone. It takes adheavise off glass products.
  • Linda Sikut

Some glues will peel right off. At least, that's been my experience. I just pull on a corner and the rest of it comes off.
  • Kim

I submerge bottles in my dishwater while I do the dishes. Then peel of the labels and if glue is stuck, I use steel wool and dish soap to clean off.
    : )