Do you use a paint brush or roller to paint a garage door

ArtemisSTonora Palmer-Harper
+2

• Lisa S.

Depends on whether 6there are large enough areas to use a roller. Around windows you will have to use a brush.
  • Jan19076751

a roller is much faster. You may need a brush to do the edges.
  • S

depends on the look you wish to achieve. Some folks actually like brush marks, why, it is beyond me. I like a foam roller when applying paint to doors. Smooth, almost powder coat finish can be achieved.
  • Artemis

I'm actually one of those folks who likes the look of brush strokes - done well, not sloppy. Typically I'll use a brush on trim work (like baseboards, etc.). With a bit of finesse you can get a smooth look with a brush. However, If I'm painting something large, it's a roller all the way! Also you might consider buying or renting a paint sprayer. If you have windows in your garage door, cover them with paper or plastic, whichever you prefer. You probably should also put paper around the outside of the garage to catch over spray (unless your house is the same color as the garage)  . Have fun!