Shirley Johnson
Shirley Johnson
  • Bowie, MD

Keeping the ouside noise out

ArcherLisa S.Karen
+3

I would like to not hear those barking dogs and loud music in my house so much...

• Lisa S.

Double thickness windows made the difference for me. I cannot even hear a fire truck on my street.
    • Shirley Johnson

Thanks! I just put some windows in I guess I will ask for double thickness do you know what company is best for double thick windows.
  • Karen

White noise machines are helpful to some extent. I got several to mask the various sounds that my dog hyper-reacts to. Also heavy, light blocking draperies usually help.
  • Lisa S.

No, when I got mine there was a local manufacture, but they closed t6his year.
  • Lisa S.

Mine were manufactured by a local company here in Delaware - they have gone out of business this year. They are double panes that have argon gas in between for winter insulation. But I think that the insulating properties also serve to keep out notice. Several times neighbors have said didn't you hear sirens last night - I am like no, I was home heard nothing. I may hear some things once in a while, but it is rare.
  • Archer

Cover windows with plexiglass. Use magnetic tape to attach it to the window, providing an air tight seal but still allowing removal. If you can keep an air gap of 2" between it and the window (or more) it will be even more effective.
    4x8' sheets of plexiglass or other clear plastic are around $100