Beverly
Beverly

Painting over wallpaper

Kba28478716Ela26544792Emily
+4

I've asked this before but now ready to do it....

What's the process for painting over intact wallpaper? Thanks!

• Sandra Allen

This is my all time, go-to, never to be replaced favorite paint. They know what they are talking about. Hope this helps.

Generally you should not paint over wallpaper as down the road it will peel and bubble
  • Dl.5660408

Painting over wallpaper can cause it to raise up and cause bubbling underneath, however, if your wallpaper is really firmly attached, you apply a high quality primer, let it dry, if all is well, apply another coat of primer and then paint over that. Sometimes an oilbased primer works best over wallpaper. My wallpaper had become "one" with the wallboard, nothing was making that stuff come away from the wall, so I didn't have to worry about bubbles. I noticed at Home Depot cans of spray on texture that I'm wanting to try, so if you're inclined you might look at that as a solution 😊
  • Emily

painting over wallpaper is nothing I would suggest. It is easier in the long run to strip and then paint.

• Ela26544792

just paint right over, I've done it many times before, just don't do it too many times
  • Ela26544792

ive never had a problem don't bother with primer etc. been doing it for 40 years. People sometimes tend to make things so much more complicated than they are. I've owned two Historical homes I've painted over with a linen colored paint and even them stenciled my homes have been on many tours no ones can tell what I've discovered done.
  • Kba28478716

www.thatpainterlady.com/10-tips-on-how-to-paint-over-wallpaper