Ideas for a no lawn yard?

JanSherry CohenDl.5660408
+2

• Dol30885355

Search for: images of a yard without grass ideas. Can be rather expensive, but it will last for years. I wouldn't want leaves and pine needles filling them up though.
  • Dl.5660408

We have a no lawn yard but we do have plants. Because drought is a concern here, and I'm getting older, I've replaced the front lawn(weeds🙃) with a small paver sitting area, two walk ways and lower water needs plants plus some higher water ones like roses. By grouping them together by water needs it makes watering easier. Many of our neighbors are replacing their front lawns with patios and potted plants, some with mostly mulched yards with a few low care plants. Between planting beds I also have some areas around trees that just have mulch. Hope this is helpful
  • Sherry Cohen

A Japanese sculpture garden. No maintenance, either!
  • Jan

I live in sunny SoCal and when I took out my front lawn, I used rocks gathered from around the yard for the first three feet from the sidewalk then started planting Iris bulbs for the next few feet then planted different types of lavenders in swaths of color not in rows. Low water use, supports the bee population in the spring and the tiny birds in the fall when I don't harvest all the lavender. The irises bloom at early in the year and the lavenders later plus I planted a pink saucer magnolia for height and there's a scarlet oak at the street. Hope this helps.