DIY Bamboo Blinds Out of Outdoor Fencing

$10

I'm in the process of finishing our master bedroom. One of the few things that I needed to finish the bedroom was bamboo shades to cover our ugly roller shades. I knew that I didn't need to be able to raiser or lower them because I had the roller shades, but I needed something to add more depth/layers. I stumbled on to bamboo fencing in the outdoor section of Home Depot and came up with making my own. It totally worked and I am in love with the outcome!
You can find tons more pictures and details on my blog!
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, DIY Bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing
DIY Bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing.
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, Gather your supplies You will need the fencing 10 an old curtain rod scrap fabric scissors and a glue gun
Gather your supplies. You will need the fencing ($10), an old curtain rod, scrap fabric, scissors and a glue gun.
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, Measure your window I wanted an outside mount cut the fencing Glue your fabric around your curtain rod Place the curtain rod on the fencing fold the fencing over the curtain rod making some hang over Glue underneath
Measure your window (I wanted an outside mount) & cut the fencing. Glue your fabric around your curtain rod. Place the curtain rod on the fencing & fold the fencing over the curtain rod (making some hang over ). Glue underneath.
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, Using wire from the bamboo shades were you cut start making the folds and using the wire to keep it uniform
Using wire from the bamboo shades (were you cut), start making the folds and using the wire to keep it uniform.
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, Complete the first window and then start on the second making sure to keep the folds the same so that it looks like one big bamboo shade
Complete the first window and then start on the second, making sure to keep the folds the same so that it looks like one big bamboo shade.
diy bamboo blinds out of outdoor fencing, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, window treatments, windows, Layer your curtains over the faux bamboo shades and enjoy
Layer your curtains over the faux bamboo shades and enjoy.

Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Victoria

I like your pendant lamp!! Where did you get it?? Thanks ☺

• Skeet Houser

What is the fabric for?

• Linda Munoz

I have a built in ceiling to floor cabinet in my bathroom that is black shiny with gold veins going thru its formica can it be painted or should I change the doors

• Benesse

Terrific! Prefer this look to the ready bought at ANY price.

• Ma_pa_jackrabbit

They sell these already made in different widths and lengths in stores like Walmart for cheap and no mess or muss. The ones already made for your window are a little thicker and I prefer, are a little bit more expensive but not much.