Never had a roach for the last 45 years, yesterday I saw an enormous r

Janet PizaroEbbjdlVid28378667
+3

Well, I saw running away from me an enormous reddish roach, on the kitchen floor. Was not able to kill it. What should I do? Will more come in?
Please advise me. Thanks.

• M. M..

There's no such thing as ONE roach! Close up all your food in plastic, metal or glass containers, or ziploc bags, esp things that stay half open a lot, like cereal, crackers, flour, sugar. etc. Toss anything that might have been contaminated. Your hardware store should have lots of options available for trapping them or poisoning them. You must be relentless in sealing up your food to keep them away. You probably had them for a long time before you saw them, they often come out at night. Are you in an attached living space,like apartment or duplex? Roaches often go back and forth which is why some poisons seem to work for only a while, and then the bugs are back..
  • Rose Broadway

Years ago I was told that the roach you describe is not the common house roach, but is a Tree Roach. We had a home built right in front of an enormous tree. The tree had rotten limbs on it and we were told that's where the tree roaches were coming from. We had the tree cut down and never again saw roaches. Hope this helps.
  • Suzette

Good luck!
  • Vid28378667

buy yourself a riddex you plug it into an outlet it sends a vibration through wall that bug do not like and IT DOES WORK check online for where to purchase in your area
  • Ebbjdl

Set up several roach motels around the kitchen. When you put the light on they run. You state a reddish roach, it might not be a roach. Go online Google type in red roach and see what comes up. We thought we had a roach, but it was a beetle that looked like a roach. Whether or not will they come in, I don't know. I'll try to get back to you today. EJL.