No rinse cleaning solution for cleaning outside of windows

+6
Add some details for your fellow Hometalkers! (Optional)

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Oct 02, 2017
    Have you tried a squeegee?
  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Oct 02, 2017
    warm water with 1-2 drops of dawn detergent, then squigee off
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Oct 02, 2017
    Vinegar water, good for greasy and dirt, I suppose you could put in a few drops of dawn or something like that too, but not too much or it will leave residue.
  • Ann Schedler Ann Schedler on Oct 02, 2017
    3 tablespoons of cornstarch per gallon of hot water. Wash windows and hose off. Works best in warm weather, around 70°
  • Or bite the bullet and hire pros that will do inside and out plus the screens for not a lot of money. All of the commercial attach to hose type products are full of chemicals that will eventually ruin the paint on your house. Cheaper to pay window washers than constantly repaint your home.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Oct 02, 2017
    Anything with ammonia but not soapy should not need rinsing. If your windows are terribly dirty, use a water hose with a sprayer or a power washer. Best wishes 😇
  • Ela26544792 Ela26544792 on Oct 02, 2017
    Okay for the person says to hire to clean you windows for not a lot of money. Well, I spend 1,200 twice a year Spring,Fall for 23 windows. That's 2,400 per year. I think it's kindda high but I a fanatic about my windows. I live in Rochester NY so not a major city.
  • Deborah G Deborah G on Oct 02, 2017
    I have always use vinegar and water to clean windows. It work great and doesn't streak. I also use a microfiber cloth.