Dilemma....

DebNeill PhotosonanotherpageEbbjdl2dogal
+5

Front entrance mat has adhered to wooden, floor, surface, at door. Do not wish to destroy nice, wooden, flooring. Is there a product remover for the mat? Can you suggest a simple, helpful method? Next, wondering what I will have do, to improve the floor after??

• Eag27369459

I would try Goo Gone and let it set and then try to remove. It removes labels from anything. Home Depot and Lowes sell it.

I would first try heating it with a blow dryer.
  • Sharon

I would heat it up too with a hair dryer, and use a wide plastic spackle knife to loosen it once its warmed up. Then heat the surface again to get the remaining bits off.
    Use some 000 steel wool to scrub the surface clean, if the finish then looks good, give it a light spray of spar varnish. Lastly don't use that kind of mat again, it obviously doesn't work for your use, water and heat conditions.
  • Cori Widen

I agree -- WD40 is amazing for this kind of thing. Good luck!
  • 2dogal

It would be helpful to know what the mat is made of. Different ways for different products.
  • Ebbjdl

I would try canola oil for frying, pour around the rugs edge, and slowly pull till it stops, add more oil as you go. When your finished, wipe the floor well, so no one slips. This will not hurt your floor. Good Luck!
  • Eucalyptus oil!