Asked on Oct 3, 2017

How can i get help with my ceiling that has fallen down I am a senior



7 answers
  • Dfm
    on Oct 3, 2017

    talk with the city admin.or a community center...extension office, if you are a member of a local organization..say a there a member who is a contractor? There are different grant programs available.
  • Sharon
    on Oct 3, 2017

    I would contact Habitat for Humanity that has low-cost/no cost programs. Some church groups do projects for low-income seniors. You could apply for a rural grant from HUD especially if your a disabled/senior client of Senior and Disability Services your case manager should be able to help you apply for one.

  • Just about every city or county has help available, just sometimes hard to find. Where do you live, I can Google for you.
  • Roxaneg
    on Oct 3, 2017

    My first concern would be why the ceiling fell down. If it's because of insect damage or water, that should be addressed first.

    If the ceiling is generally sound, and there are patches falling down, you need to patch it with joint compound and maybe some drywall patches.

    Is there a senior center in your area? Sometimes there are volunteers who help seniors with home issues and you might be able to locate a handyman who can help walk you through the repairs.
  • Cindy
    on Oct 3, 2017

    I agree with Roxaneg. First of order of business is to find out why the ceiling fell in the first place. Try contacting your local Senior Services Organization. If they can't help you, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Maybe St. Vincent DePaul can help you too. It's worth making a couple phone calls. Wishing you well.
  • Castrang17
    on Oct 3, 2017

    Check with your local Human Resources Development Center in your state, we know of seniors that have had home repairs, weatherization, window repairs, insulation, roofing, and more done for them, just call and apply for their services.
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 3, 2017

    Where has it fallen down? Kitchen, hall. Bedroom, bathroom, hallway, living room. You town should have a agency maybe it's called Senior Services. They have volunteers, who know how to do certain things that need their skills. They will come out and fix it for free. Call your town hall, or call the library, and ask for the reference desk. They should be able to give you the number. If you have no luck try your local church, and see if they can direct you to someone who can help you. Good Luck!
Your comment...