What type of tree can I plant in a small garden? Ten by eight

PJ WisePennmtDavid A Kemnitzer
+2

what is your location and lighting
  • David A Kemnitzer

Lilac
  • Pennmt

A peach tree if you have sunshine and warmth in the summer. Keep it trimmed at the height you want it, then enjoy the fruit! I love my peach tree! Lilacs are also nice and smell so good! They can be trimmed to be a tree also, just keep the lower branches from growing when it matures a bit. Japanese Maples are beautiful, although in winter lose their leaves as does the peach and lilac. We love our Japanese Maple. They are a bit spendy, but so worth it!
  • PJ Wise

Basically, you can place any type tree in a small garden, from weeping cherry to fruit or nut trees, or even larger. Many trees are now being sold in "miniature," while others can be pruned to retain small stature. If you are interested in flowering trees (other than beautiful fruit trees), there are weeping cherry, tulip, hornbeam, etc.