Lynne
Lynne
  • Aurora, IL

What's a good way to clean kitchen cabinets of grease and other gunk?

Georgia RobinsonSandra AllenElisabeth
+4

• Janette

I use a cooker blade
  • Fiddledd224

I use Windex.
  • Me

Dilute some mean green with water in a spray bottle.
  • Sharon Gilmore Herrick

TSP (TriSodium Phosphate I believe) available at any hardware store, mix with water according to directions, grab a sponge and use lots of elbow grease!

• Elisabeth

I've used a gallon of hot water diluted with a cup of Clorox Clean-up, rubber gloves of course, a small, strong plastic spatula and a teflon pad and soaked the real tough spots. When most of the tough areas have been removed, I make another solution of the hot water and Clorox Clean-up and lightly go over the cabinets with the teflon pad and sometimes use Bar Keeper's Friend. If the cabinets are wood, I use a product called Restore to bring the shine back. It works great.
  • Sandra Allen

If you want to just wash it off you can't do better than TSP or Tri Sodium Phosphate. It's the "go to" for painters to get grease and nicotine off rentals. Hope that helps.

• Georgia Robinson

Fill a bottle with half Dawn dish soap and half white vinegar. Spray and wipe down. If you need to, you can allow it to sit for a bit, then just wipe down with a cold damp rag or sponge.