Meagan
Meagan
  • Findlay, OH

Can I paint a linen type fabric lamp shade??

SKaren KrysowatySusan
+6

The shade appears to have a water stain and I would like to salvage it. Can I paint it???

• Linda Sikut

Yes you can! Here is an article that explains using different types of paint. If you want, you can even paint a sweet design on the lampshade after the main paint color goes on.

Best of luck on your project.

• Lisa S.

Have you tried washing it with dishwasher liquid first? Dunk it in a sick full of suds. Swish it around, then rinse. Then dry in the sun. It may come out.
  • Dee

I watered down emotion 2warter 3 to paint ,
    just make sure it's water base emotion , by doing 2/3 ratio
    puling out the pigments from the emulation
    make sure the emulsion is darker then ur regional colour
  • Susan

They make a fabric textile medium you can mix in with craft paint available at a local craft store.
  • Karen Krysowaty

Yes pick up fabric paint from your local craft store and go for it
  • S

I’ve painted fabric furniture and a lamp shade with great success! Merely water down paint to almost milk consistency, spray the shade with water and paint. It will take several coats and bear in mind the color of the paint will affect the dispersement of light.
    • Meagan

Thanks for the tip of watering the paint down. No one else has suggested that.
  • S

check our you tube videos for painting upholstery. I’ve done with and without the fabric medium and I can say that without the medium and just the Water technique works best.