Toilet bowl cleaner stained stainless steel sink

+10
How do I remove stains from a stainless steel sink caused by toilet bowl cleaner?

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Oct 03, 2017
    Vinegar and a magic eraser does the trick for us! good luck :)
  • Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 03, 2017
    I won't ask why toilet bowl cleaner was used to clean a sink!! I use Barkeepers friend to clean all of my stainless steel. It works great. Find it in the cleaning isle next to Ajax, comet or soft scrub.
    • See 3 previous
    • Cheyenne Summer Orsak Cheyenne Summer Orsak on Mar 31, 2021

Literally dying at the people who are having the same problem. Worked wonders on my grout not so much for the bottom of my fridge. 😂😂 currently looking for the solution now.

• Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 04, 2017
    Thanks for your explanation!! Trust me, the Barkeepers Friend really works.
  • Yammie Yammie on Oct 04, 2017
    We had yellowish/gold stains on our vynal siding which did not come off even after a pro power washing. I checked on the internet that they could have been caused by the sprinklers. A few people said they had good luck using “The Works” toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. So I tried it and it worked. i didn’t realize it would stain the sink when I transferred the liquid into a spray bottle. So the siding is fine , but I now have to work on the sink!
  • Brian Kunz Brian Kunz on Aug 05, 2019

I did the same thing to my sink (the works) and had to use 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper and that cleaned it right up. Just trickle some water in while you are doing it and go with the grain of the metal.