Toilet bowl cleaner stained stainless steel sink

Brian KunzYammieCatherine Anspaugh
+8

How do I remove stains from a stainless steel sink caused by toilet bowl cleaner?

• Hillela G.

Vinegar and a magic eraser does the trick for us! good luck :)
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I won't ask why toilet bowl cleaner was used to clean a sink!! I use Barkeepers friend to clean all of my stainless steel. It works great. Find it in the cleaning isle next to Ajax, comet or soft scrub.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

Thanks for your explanation!! Trust me, the Barkeepers Friend really works.
  • Yammie

We had yellowish/gold stains on our vynal siding which did not come off even after a pro power washing. I checked on the internet that they could have been caused by the sprinklers. A few people said they had good luck using “The Works” toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. So I tried it and it worked. i didn’t realize it would stain the sink when I transferred the liquid into a spray bottle. So the siding is fine , but I now have to work on the sink!
  • Brian Kunz

I did the same thing to my sink (the works) and had to use 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper and that cleaned it right up. Just trickle some water in while you are doing it and go with the grain of the metal.