Yammie
Yammie
  • Lady Lake, FL

Toilet bowl cleaner stained stainless steel sink

YammieCatherine AnspaughHillela G.
+4

How do I remove stains from a stainless steel sink caused by toilet bowl cleaner?

• Hillela G.

Vinegar and a magic eraser does the trick for us! good luck :)
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I won't ask why toilet bowl cleaner was used to clean a sink!! I use Barkeepers friend to clean all of my stainless steel. It works great. Find it in the cleaning isle next to Ajax, comet or soft scrub.
    • 29195295

I hope you're able to fix the sink, but meanwhile I'd love to hear about using toilet bowl cleaner on your vinyl siding. What type of stains?
  • Catherine Anspaugh

Thanks for your explanation!! Trust me, the Barkeepers Friend really works.
  • Yammie

We had yellowish/gold stains on our vynal siding which did not come off even after a pro power washing. I checked on the internet that they could have been caused by the sprinklers. A few people said they had good luck using “The Works” toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store. So I tried it and it worked. i didn’t realize it would stain the sink when I transferred the liquid into a spray bottle. So the siding is fine , but I now have to work on the sink!