LG
LG

How can I release a picture that is stuck to glass--picture frame?

EmilyCori WidenItsmemic
+4

Had one of kind picture in frame--accidently water seeped between picture and glass--am afraid it is ruined forever--cannot replace---please help--already been to photo studio--they knew of nothing?

• Lisa S.

First - take a picture of your picture. If you do not have one, see if a friend has a photo printer all in one . You can scan the image, and print it. Lay it face down (the glass with the picture attached )on the glass - and make photo copy and scan it. You may be surprised how good it comes out . That way in the event the picture is ruined, you have at least an image. (I have done this myself)

Then try placing the picture in the bathroom, and run a hot and steamy shower. The humidity may help.
  • Bijous

Take glass and picture out of frame. Wrap glass in towel and lay in freezer making sure the glass is in a safe area to avoid breakage. Make sure the glass is safe from breaking. Put in freezer for 1 week. Take out and gently peel up a corner. If the picture is still stuck, take to a professional framer for assistance.
  • Cheryl Hurst

The best thing you can do is take a photo of your photo and try to remake it. There is really no way to safely remove it from the glass.
  • Itsmemic

what a great answer... ! I would have said steam also..but taking a pix of the pix before attempting? SO smart !
  • Cori Widen

Take a photo of the photo before you try anything!! Good luck!
  • Emily

actually if this is a real photographic print you can soak glass and picture in a sinkful of water, till they separate. I have done lots of work with paper products and many can be treated this way. I have done such work for professional framer. Did photographer say what kind of picture you have? (I mean how was it printed?)
    • LG

Picture was taken in studio when grandbabies were younger--is xmas pic & photographer has since moved to Australia--we have no contact--all of her pics were developed same but I could tell u how? Very professional.