Any ideas for updating accent tiles in kitchen backsplash.

Terri Everest RolfeNancyCarol Sybrowsky
+4

q any ideas for updating accent tiles in kitchen backsplash
  • Why not dry brush some metallic paint on them to accent the texture?
    • Pga12653363

I like the idea of painting them metallic. If your appliances are stainless, that would be a good color. I've even mixed gold & silver paint when I didn't want it to be too prominent in one of the colors. If the black tile is glazed, you could experiment with painting it until you get the look you want.
  • Bijous

Paint them. If they're ceramic, use a ceramic paint. If they're clay and not glazed, use acrylic paint. Seal acrylic with an acrylic sealer. Make sure to tape tight to the edges so nothing bleeds into grout.

stencil a design at seal them
  • Carol Sybrowsky

In my opinion, those dark accent tiles went out of style at least 10 years ago. I would remove each one plus the little pieces on each side. HD , Lowes, Arizona Tile and many other tile stores carry tiles that will fill in the space and match what you already have.
  • Nancy

Find wallpaper, contact paper or anything in the way of a design that you like. Cut it to the size and glue it on. You can change it over time if you like? Simple, inexpensive and quick!
  • Terri Everest Rolfe

Paint them a bright accent color to liven up all the neutral beige color!