How can i remove concrete covered brick atairs on my patio?

Kincaid99ChrisSan29533007
+3

I sent to remove the rounded 6 steep atairs And make a space for a chiminea with southwestern tiling to accent the terracotta.
q how can i remove concrete covered brick atairs on my patio
  • Cheryl Hurst

Use a jackhammer or put them to good use, as you seem to me in this photo.
  • Karen Krysowaty

You will need to rent a jack hammer so you might want to consider hiring a professional
  • Millen Bennett

Brute force and thick clothes. Please wear a mask whether you rent a jackhammer or not. It is possible to demolish these things the old fashioned way with a pick.
  • San29533007

I used a product called EcoBust to break up my front concrete porch and steps. The only tools/equipment I used was a hammer drill, concrete drill bit, and a wheelbarrow to load the concrete away. The following is copied from www.ecobust.com: "ECOBUST is an Expansive Demolition Agent for breaking all rock or concrete without the use of explosives or jackhammering! It's powerful, reliable, safe, eco-friendly and completely silent." I bought mine from Home Depot.

I used the product twice because after the first "break" there were some pieces that I couldn't remove. I just drilled a couple of holes, poured the Ecobust in, and waited. By myself, I (52 year old woman) removed all of the concrete with a handtruck, 2 metal car ramps, and a wheelbarrow.

FYI: I am not associated with EcoBust or Home Depot.
  • Chris

Not sure what you are doing with the area, but you could turn it into a raised bed area for a focal garden. Quite simple... just make some type of boarder at the bottom to contain the dirt, you may desire a plasic lining, then fill with a quality soil, plants even a water feature. I could envision something seriously nice!
  • Kincaid99

Yes, I would enclose the steps so high, maybe 2/3 the way up the outer wall, a wonderful water feature would be awesome, so many options with those steps, Lots less back breaking work involved.