Barbara Lane Brooks-Wilson
Barbara Lane Brooks-Wilson
  • Tutorial Team
  • Greenbrier, TN

Decorating ideas

SandyGEllisBijous
+2

I need some new ideas for decorating for the Fall. Tired of pumpkins, cornstalks, and leaves.

mums,cabbage,kale,asters,hay bale,scarecrows,or browse through this. https://www.pinterest.com/explore/outdoor-fall-decorations/?lp=true
  • Amanda

You could use sunflowers, mums, and scare crows. I have some metal sunflowers that I put out.
  • Bijous

What about silk flowers, pine cones, nuts and ribbons in a variety of fall colors? Use tomato cages to make trees in inexpensive pots (I bought large hanging pots and fill with rocks) gorilla tape the cages in upside down and decorate with silks, ribbons and pine cones. I made nut wreaths with a wild twig here and there and polyurethaned the whole thing. At Christmas, I just sprayed fake snow on top of the nut wreaths and painted the twigs red. I took the fall silks out and added silk poinsettias and sprayed the ribbons here and there with fake snow. The next year I just reversed the process, scraped off the snow and painted the twigs orange.
  • Ellis

I have a pretty basket-weave cornucopia a friend made. She filled it with a pretty spray of artificial fruit, and a couple of flowers/leaves.
  • SandyG

Fall colored outdoor cushions and quilt prints on the front porch. Box lanterns filled with small gourds and pumpkins. Dried hydrangeas, colorful mums, and rusty buckets or old wooden boxes will with gourds. I like the odd shaped and colored gourds and pumpkins. Nice change from normal orange pumpkins.