In diy making sour dough starter, what container or containers are use

TeresaNancy TurnerNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA

The origin container tends to get dough built up on sides of jar. Five days into it, it does not appear to be as clean as it should be. Should the starter be transferred to a different container mid processing?

• I use glass, and no do not disturb in mid-process, all you need is a clean tea towel to cover.
  • Nancy Turner

I do not do the dough starter, but from what I remember years ago when people would talk about their starter, they never changed the glass jar they used, just added to it. My grandmother had friends that had the same starter going forever in the same jar. This was what they talked about the subject back in the 60's.
  • Teresa

I have been using a sour dough starter for 30+ years. The jar/container begins to look "dirty" due do the activity in the container. I periodically put mine in a different container.