How can I get rid of fruit flies?

Janet PizaroLois VrnsAmanda
+2

I have put all fruit in my refrigerator and it’s been 3 weeks and I have no idea where they’re coming from or how to get rid of them. I did get frustrated and spray Them with hairspray, but then they were stuck to the ceiling... and that was disgusting and hard to clean up. I’m willing try anything! Help!!

• Carmen

I put little containers with a bit of wine and dish soap in them all over my house. I hide them so no one can see them. The flies go in but don't come out.
  • Carmen

Oh and when everyone goes to bed at night, pour oil down the kitchen sink drains. That's were they lay their eggs.
  • Amanda

Hi Staci. I fill a couple of bowls with apple cider vinegar, a little dish soap and then a little water. Just enough for the soap to start bubbling. The cider vinegar attracts them and the soap makes then stick in the water. It is my go to for fruit flies.
  • Lois Vrns

AppleCider Vinegar in a jar with plastic wrap on top and a few holes poked in with a toothpick. Try baking soda and vinegar and hot water in your drains too (i would not use oil)

Do you have plants in the house? Have you checked the drain for drain flies?