I’m looking for a variety of colours for morning glories

Sandra  ViningCatherine AnspaughBarbara Baldwin
+7

I live in Canada.The only ones here are the blue ones. And what type of soil do they need? Ph content wise. And what makes them grow and bloom Thanks.

• Kba28478716

Morning glories are fast-growing vines that produce large, fragrant flowers. Once established, they will tolerate almost any soil. Before planting outdoors, be prepared to fight the morning glory away from the rest of your garden. These beautiful plants can become an aggressive weed if left unchecked. The rest of the article is at this website.

morning glories can only be grown from seed,check Burpee.com. Please be careful as they will take over everything
  • Lokie

I have to agree with Kbaird on them becoming a weed. I ordered and planted morning glory seeds two years ago. I have always liked them and thought they would be nice climbing up on a bottle tree. I didn't know that would survive over winter here in zone 4/5. I have them coming up everywhere! I am constantly pulling them up. I even have them sprouting up on my second story deck in other plants pots. They were planted in the ground on the other side of the house yet found there way up there some home.
  • Eliza Spear

I plant morning glories under my Korean lilac bush so they climb up through and bloom when it is done. Once planted and blooming collect the seeds to grow the next year. They don’t take any care whatsoever and where they grow there’s nowhere to spread from. There are other colours besides the blue. I have a deep purple and a kind of magenta growing here. I am also in Canada and I got my seeds from Giant Tiger.

• Eliza Spear

No I just throw the seeds in and hope for the best lol. I'm in Eastern Ontario. We might have a bit longer growing season than you. I don't actually know. But they should reseed.
  • Barbara Baldwin

I was told to score the seed, place in moist paper towels overnight to aid germination...
  • Catherine Anspaugh

i would google plant catalogs and have a few sent to you. That way you can find whatever plants or seeds you are looking for. They also give you very valuable growing tips.
  • Sandra Vining

I have morning glories all over I love them I save my seed I have purple pink white blue One that mix white and dark pink to outter edge Send me your address I'll be happy to send some to you just starting to pick the seeds now