Joyce
Joyce
  • Summerville, SC

Is there a way to stain or paint vinyl covered boat valences?

Janet PizaroSat30957524Audrey

Daughter just bought older motor yacht and it has 1980 dark aqua vinyl valences in the main cabin. Not a hard thing to recover but think removing them from fiberglass hull is going to be tricky. Spray coating with products I see online would be problem in such an enclosed space and hard to mask the other areas. Anyone have experience with such?

• Audrey

Try a paint for plastics. There are a few at hardware store
  • Sat30957524

Maybe try a leather repair kit, usually it comes with everything you need to repair rips, a cleaning agent for painting, and a color you get to pick. Plus, I think it is made to work on vinyl also because I think it is similar to vinyl. A car leather repair store (not necessarily economical) but they may steer you in the right direction. Or consult the oracle (your favorite internet search engine) for "leather[vinyl] repair kit."

not sure if this is correct,however you can call the manufacturer. http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic/