Judy
Judy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Marlboro, NY

Tree Witch

$15

I saw this decoration in SAMS club. I thought, I can make that & save $70!

I just love Halloween and making decorations.
Two years ago my family gave me a surprise birthday party, since it's in October, Halloween dress up was a must. We had so much fun and now it's a 3rd year tradition minus the party gifts.
We now have a family reunion and it still surprises me that people that would never dress up are
tree witch
I had the cape, hat and shirt and a hanger for the witch body. I purchased black paint, orange lights and dollar store broom, flowers and purple hair.
tree witch
I found a 4' Christmas tree someone was throwing out. I painted it black spray paint for plastic projects.
tree witch
Hot glue the headband hair onto the hat. I used low temp glue so it didn't melt the fake hair or hat. Tip: keep a glass of water near by for burnt fingers with hot glue.
tree witch
I put a hangar under the shirt and I stuffed an old bra too. The hat fits nicely on the hangar top.it looks pretty good so far. Her body is shaping nicely. The store decoration was a wire form just bent.
tree witch
The bottom half with the orange lights. It's pretty funny but it's cool. It looks really great against the black. I must say the black tree looks really cool. It would look grand with silver and red Christmas decorations.
tree witch
All dressed up but I need accessories. Looking into my Halloween leftovers I found some additions.
Look closely to the right, for the dollar store broom.
tree witch
A broom, silk flowers with spiders and spider webbing ties it all together. The photo does not do it justice. She will go at the front door to greet guests. I'm sure it will be a conversation piece. Let me know if you make one too!Happy Hallows Eve and send me your unwanted candy. Please..........

• 2cans black spray paint  (Walmart)
  • Broom, hair, flowers  (Dollar store)

• Hfr30182485

Where is her head??

• Judy

She doesn't have one. My daughter has cosmetology ones but it's too heavy.
      Shes not supposed to have one. When her hat is down it looks more eeri.

• Connie Anderson

kSomeone in a store I worked at got a meat cutters jacket,mglued small cereal boxes on it with plastic knives stiking out of them with some fake blood. He was a cereal killer also.

• Tonya

I love how your mind thinks!! LOL!!!! Great job!!

• Judy

I'm Not sure it works like everyone else's but thanks! Hahaha