Bill
Bill

When is the CORRECT time o prune Rhodies and butterfly bushes, I live

Linda B.SharonNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+5

in the (mountains) Western part of North Carolina. Question #2. I need to buy a 18" chain saw. which is the best brand to buy for home use.????? I will not buy a POULAN. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flowering bushes need to be pruned immediately after flowering has stopped
    • Linda B.

A Butterfly bush blooms on the new wood it puts out in the spring. You can cut them down to knee level so it does not get too to tall, and will bush out more. You need to prune them back every year in late winter. Linda B.
  • Here you go, see if this helps!

I have an ancient hand me down Stihl chain saw, works great, but admitedly, not used all that often.

Will be in Asheville next week! Love NC!
    • Bill

Thanks Naomie. I have lived from the east coast to the mountains in N.C. and I love the mountains best, especially the snows we have.
  • Sharon

I always liked Stihl saws.
  • Linda B.

Hi Bill. Thanks for your advice about my roosters, But I can't catch them. They run as soon as I get near them. When I do finely catch them they are going to go to the Farm auction near here. I have 9 other chickens that go in the hen house to roost every night, but these teenage roosters are little rebels. About your butterfly bush. I prune mine late January. I live in New Jersey so it's colder here. You could probably do your bush about now.
    Good Luck with it. Linda B.