How do you make front door windows more private?

+8
  • Karen V Karen V on Oct 03, 2017
    You can get privacy with the use of the window film that I have seen at Lowe's or Home Depot. They are made of material that is easy to cut to fit your windows .
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Oct 03, 2017
    Hello! If you like to see out sometimes, hang a small curtain rod with cafe curtains so that you can open or close them at will. If you don’t care about ever looking out, cover the glass with an opaque or frosted glass look. There is a frosted glass spray paint available at your local paint store — it also available online.
  • Deb30393045 Deb30393045 on Oct 03, 2017
    I always hang a wreath on the outside of my door !!
  • Margaret Green Margaret Green on Oct 03, 2017
    You can apply a stick on film over the glass. Some of them are in a stained glass pattern. The one I use is like a frosted glass. It is trimable and applied with water and is easy to peel off. Light will shine through and shapes are visible but not in detail.
  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Oct 03, 2017
    Hello Robin, There are several ways to make front door windows more private, and the links below tell you how to do it ;) I hope they are of some help to inspire you . Good Luck and thanks for using HOMETALK for help :)
    and last but not least at all (so many beautiful glass gem designs you can find on websites online including on Pinterest):
    http://www.hometalk.com/26593919/easy-stained-glass-window
  • Sandra  Vining Sandra Vining on Oct 03, 2017
    I put lace panels over mine used clear tape to hold it Was easy and so pretty
  • Roxaneg Roxaneg on Oct 03, 2017
    Two-way mirror, sun shade, dangly thingy that covers most of the window.
  • Nancy Nancy on Oct 03, 2017
    You can use dark film or light film that sticks to windows and cut to size
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 03, 2017
    You can also buy peel and stick privacy film (goes on like mac-tac) for windows/ glass. It prevents anyone from seeing in, but still allows some of the light to go through. I have seen it available at Industrial Plastics, or similar stores that sell marine supplies.
  • FL FL on Oct 04, 2017
    Curtains, hung from top and bottom rods attached close to the wall/door. See picture:
  • Nancy Flemming Nancy Flemming on Oct 04, 2017
    i was given some of that privacy film and cannot get the transparent backing off. Any suggestions