Debra
Debra
  • Hesperia, CA

How can you restore a severly stained acrylic bath tub

Ard13632349FauxgalJanet Pizaro
+5

OurTwo-year-old acrylic was severely stained by our last tenant, how can we restore it without replacing it again?

• Charlotte Lovell

Have you tried baking soda or borax?
  • Chris Camposano

I have a 30-some year old house with the original shower and bath. They are really badly stained. I tried everything also but to no avail. Finally, I thought of the Mr. Clean erasers and figured, what the heck, they can't get any worse so I wet one one and with a little elbow grease it got everything off. Mine was turning green!
  • Wilma EISEN

I had the same problem - the tub was rusted and black. I tried everything, but I was unable clean it. We had the tub refinished professionally.. My only other alternative was to replace the tub. Now it looks new
  • Ebbjdl

Start by having the tub reglazed, call Homedepot, and see what they say. Next call plumber who does this type of work. Look in the yellow pages under bathroom remodeling. EJL.
  • Shoshana

Mr Clean is a great cleaning product as a last resort before thinking about reglazing
  • Fauxgal

Try pastes of Ocyclean. Leave them overnight and refresh every day until gone.... It will at least take some of it out. I hope it will take it all away for you.
  • Ard13632349

I had my own housekeeping business and I used to run into this problem a lot I used to get gel toilet bowl cleaner with bleach and put on the stains let it sit a little bit keep turning around then scrub 90% of the time stains came out