Is it too late to sod the yard this year? If not, when is the latest

Sandra LaperriereAlberta CoulterHolly Kinchlea-Brown
+1

• 1240839

Depends where you are. If the ground is still warm for a month to six weeks it should root.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

I would sod now (I live in southwestern Ontario) and probably could for another couple of weeks until major frosts start. Other than that, would do it in early spring. In either case, you will need to ensure that you give it lots of water
  • Alberta Coulter

I live in Ala and now is a perfect time to sod. The weather is getting cooler, we're getting more rain and the sod will have time to put down roots before it gets too cold. This is also a great time to plant shrubs and trees in the south.

• Sandra Laperriere

Now is perfect, water well until it gets frost in the air. Sod will go dormant after that, but before that, being it is cooler, the roots have a better chance to grow since the plant is not going to focus on the above ground growth being it is cooler with less sun. Perfect time.