Can you paint dark laminate kitchen cabinets a lighter shade?

SusanFauxgalHolly Kinchlea-Brown
+2

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown

yes for laminate I would likely use chalk paint with a polycrylic sealer (several coats) for protection.
  • Fauxgal

Yes, but it IS work! Clean them; let them dry. Sand them with an electric sander. Buy a very strong primer, that is for laminate or plastics, and prime them.
    I suggest buying and using a 12" long handle that holds a small 4" long roller.

Paint with a high quality paint like PPG/Porter Paints Advantage 900, in a semi-gloss sheen. Be sure to let every coat all the way through, dry over night.
    Seal with a very strong, durable, clear sealer. A little research here will help you. I would seal a few times, and again, letting each layer dry overnight.
    You can also resurface your counters: check out the Armor Garage materials. I wish you the best!
  • Susan

Yes you will want to use a very good primer Sherwin Williams is the place that i buy mine,it is one that is used for slick surfaces.