Jamie
Jamie
  • Whitestone, NY

What can I do with this

Mul26044123Betty HarrisDanielle
+12

I don't care for it but I'm sure there's something good you can suggest
q what can i do with this
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

what don't you like about it? Too rustic? Too old fashioned? Outdated hardware? It's a lovely piece that could be snazzed up quite easily with paint and a change of hardware...my suggestions would be dependant upon your personal style in the room where it would be used and what the use is...
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead

I love it. Depends on what room you are using it in. Look up"Unicorn Spit " on youtube. we are doing great things with it.

• Kate

I agree with Holly. Figure out what bugs you about it. You could possibly take foam core, wrap fabric around it and put over the arrow shape if that's the area you dislike. Paint is an option.
  • Robyn Garner

If you don't care for it, why not go ahead and sell it? Someone will LOVE the door and most likely make a sliding barn door out of it for their home.
  • Bobbi Lively

I guess the biggest question is what about it don't you like? The style?, the shape?, or what it was intended for? Once you answer those questions you can be more specific about the type of help you want.
  • Ro

I would use it for linens, sweater storage off season, or even blankets
  • Aun27146613

Answer this Hometalker's question! These look too good in shape. But when I find old drawers on highway America, I take home, kick out the back, remove drawer, kick out their backs, and all goes in my garden as raised gardens filled with good dirt. Old small tv bookcases also.
  • JUDIE

I LOVE FURNITURE LIKE THAT. I HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR. I TOOK THE DOORS OFF, AND USED IT FOR QUILTS. IF IT HAS SHELVES, MAKE NEAT STACKS ON EACH SHELF. IF NOT, MAKE SHELVES. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED, CHANGE OUT THE HARDWARE. MY DAUGHTER HAS ON LIKE IT AND SHE TOOK THE DOORS OFF AND DISPLAYED HER QUILTS. SOME FROM THRIFT STORES AND CHEAP ONES FROM WALMART OR OTHER STORES.
  • Sono Arima

What can you do with it? You can give it to me, lol! Otherwise I would not advise doing much if anything to it, as it is a beautiful piece no matter what your style is. The only possible thing I might do if I had to, is to use a matalic paint to distress very lightly the hardware, but please, please, leave the wood as it is!
  • Lin Parr

I love it!! Not the hardward, but that's an easy, inexpensive fix.

• Pat21977374

I wouldn't change a thing. I think it's a gorgeous piece.
  • Danielle

I would sell it to someone who will love it because it's pretty well perfect as it is!
  • Betty Harris

hang it on wall in mud room, install hooks, can hang baskets on it, use it for a catch all, or the back of tree hall coat rack, it's a beautiful piece. Would even make a perfect hanging barn door for any room.

• Mul26044123

muleswyf
    Oct. 21, 2017

As it appears to be an armoire, using it to store chain mail and "weapons" might be one possibility.