Knb12842734
Knb12842734
  • Tidioute, PA

How to remove a leg shaving footrest from my marble shower stall wall?

S.h.SharonWilliam
+5

I ordered this, applied adhesive that came with it Many years ago. All was well until my hand held shower spray fell and hit it (it is ceramic) it broke and I want to remove it without harming my marble wall. I taped the sharp broken edge for safety reason. can anyone suggest a way to remove this eyesore. BTW I do not know what the adhesive was! Thank you in advanc.
q how to remove a leg shaving footrest from my marble shower stall wa
  • Dianacirce70

I've never seen one of those before! Its pretty clever. Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for you, but I am assuming its not built in since it looks to be sitting on top of the wall, so I am sure someone will know how to help!
  • Johnavallance82

Might be easier to fix/repair rather than remove...........
  • Sue

VERY CAREFULLY with smallish hammer or wooden mallet, sharp chisel, protective everything, and gentle taps. Start gently working up to harder taps until you get the results wanted. Keep chisel as upright as possible. Should be able to get most of adhesive off also. START GENTLE, you may be stronger than you think!

I agree with Sue. But use a stiff wide putty knife instead of a chisel. Start in a corner and light taps with a hammer. You want to cut into the adhesive so it pops off.
  • Sharon

I would use some mineral spirits and a plastic spackle knife to loosen the adhesive and slowly use the scraper to pry it off. You could also try WD40. https://centaurmachines.com/removing-glue-from-marble/
  • S.h.

A lot of adhesives will soften with heat. A hair dryer might get hot enough, try it first. Aim the heat at the ceramic rest, not the wall in order to keep direct heat away from wall panel. Use a thin narrow putty knife to slide between the panel and ceramic rest. If the hair dryer is not hot enough, you can buy a heat gun from Harbor Freight and use it. Be careful not to overheat the panel! Aim it only at the ceramic rest and for short periods until the mastic or caulk softens up enough. You could tape reflective foil tape or several layers of painter's tape on the wall panel around the edges of the ceramic to protect the wall panel from the metal putty knife and heat. (check the putty knife to be sure it doesn't have any burrs that would scratch) I would not use solvents to try to soften the adhesive without knowing what the wall panels are made from.