Decorating for Fall With a Woodland Fall Tree

4 materials
$50
One way I decorate for fall around my house is by using a Christmas tree. I turn it into a Woodland Fall Tree for my favorite time of year. Here's how you can easily put one together too!
I purchased this little 4 foot tree a couple of years ago on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It's not much to look at right now but by adding fall garland and a few pics it will transform in about 30 minutes!
This tree holds 2 fall garland strands that are about 5 foot in length. They were $9.99 each. I chose them for the size of the leaves and of course the color. I wanted it to really show up against the dark limbs. Add the garland first by tucking it inside the tree while wrapping tightly.
Next you add your woodland characters. I got these from Pier 1. The reason I put them on before the picks is so that they look like they are nestled into the branches a bit.
The picks come next. Use different colors, looks and textures. I used pumpkins made from sticks, sunflowers with glitter and burlap, plastic pumpkins with a metallic paint and some wiry twirly picks for character.
The topper is a pick that reminds me of a rooster tail and the berries add more color. I really love how it turned out. You could use ribbon and even real pumpkins and gourds if you'd like. To see more details, visit my blog - Countyroad407.com.

• Christmas Tree   (Hobby Lobby)
  • Fall picks   (Hobby Lobby)
  • Woodland Creature/ornaments   (Pier 1)
Cindy Richter

Questions on this post

3  questions

Comments

14 of 112 comments
Next