Decorating for Fall With a Woodland Fall Tree

$50

One way I decorate for fall around my house is by using a Christmas tree. I turn it into a Woodland Fall Tree for my favorite time of year. Here's how you can easily put one together too!
I purchased this little 4 foot tree a couple of years ago on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It's not much to look at right now but by adding fall garland and a few pics it will transform in about 30 minutes!
This tree holds 2 fall garland strands that are about 5 foot in length. They were $9.99 each. I chose them for the size of the leaves and of course the color. I wanted it to really show up against the dark limbs. Add the garland first by tucking it inside the tree while wrapping tightly.
Next you add your woodland characters. I got these from Pier 1. The reason I put them on before the picks is so that they look like they are nestled into the branches a bit.
The picks come next. Use different colors, looks and textures. I used pumpkins made from sticks, sunflowers with glitter and burlap, plastic pumpkins with a metallic paint and some wiry twirly picks for character.
The topper is a pick that reminds me of a rooster tail and the berries add more color. I really love how it turned out. You could use ribbon and even real pumpkins and gourds if you'd like. To see more details, visit my blog - Countyroad407.com.

• Christmas Tree  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Fall picks  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Woodland Creature/ornaments  (Pier 1)

Cindy Richter

• Tina

are these real leaves and real outdoor stuff or can you use fake stuff and get the same look what about some little blinkig lites for night time.i have a 7ft tree would that work too, it would save time when xmas comes around. you got any idea how to decorate it for all year around besides the holiday. thanks for any ideas i dread putting up a xmas tree for a few weeks just to take it down it takes too long to decorate it.
  • Sandra Ross Warren

Sweet! Will you leave it up and decorate for each season/holiday? Valentines day, 4th of July, Halloween, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving and so on?
    • Mfu11654424

It was so empty at the nursing home I decorated the Christmas tree for every Holiday! I had Mother help so she could say "I did it myself"
  • Woogie

I am doing my fall tree today. Loved yours. Spent morn looking at green paint samples. What color is your wall? Just what I want. You have real decorating talent.

• Karen B

Your Autumn tree is so pretty!

• Joni Whitaker

I am enchanted by this little tree chock full of charm! I appreciate all the choices you made to represent the glory of autumn, from the rustic to the colorful. I especially love the woodland animals nesting within the branches among the leaves, pumpkins, sunflowers and twirly picks. Love the berries complimenting the “rooster tail” topper. I think pheasant feathers would be a lovely addition tucked into the topper. So pretty and welcoming. Thanks for posting!

• Cindy Richter

Pheasant feathers WOULD be a great addition! I'll have to try and find some for next year. Thanks for the sweet compliments and the great idea.