Jackie
Jackie
  • Granbury, TX

How do I cover the glass on shower doors?

BarbaraSharonSusan Whalen
+5

We have remodeled our guest bathroom. Unfortunately the tub has the sliding glass doors. They are ugly but needed.

• Ebbjdl

They have fake door cover ups. It comes in a roll, and you cut it to size, and peel off the back, to stick it on the door. It's like contact paper. EJL.
  • Fauxgal

Why wouldn't you use a pretty shower curtain set-up? In my opinion, that always dressed up a bath.
  • Chubby58

You can remove the sliding glass doors and put up a shower curtain. We had the open glass door with the metal surround. It harbored so much mold and mildew in the tracks, we took it down and put up a shower curtain.
  • Nancy Flemming

I lifted mine out of the channels, I tapped out the top channel left the rest as they were anchored into the tile, then I put in a tension rod across the top and hung a pretty shower curtain, it also brightened the room and made it look bigger and easier to clean. Takes less than an hour to complete the whole job.
  • Susan Whalen

Buy the "stained glass" sticky tack rolls sold in Home Depot. They have rice paper and climbing flower options as well as many other beautiful designs!
  • Sharon

Follow up question can you do this to a stand alone shower that has about a 2-3 inch lip?
  • Barbara

I had glass doors too. I just had my son take them off. They were screwed into the tile. You can fill in the little screw holes. I put up shower curtains. Much better a nd you can change them whenever.