Best solution to clean grout in kitchen floor?

+5
  • Victoria Victoria on Oct 04, 2017
    My go-to cleaning mixture for grout is baking soda combined with hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. After applying it to the grout, let it stand for 10 minutes, then use an electric toothbrush to clean the grooves. I rinse with plain water. After cleaning, the grout should be sealed again.
    • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 04, 2017
      Great idea using the electric toothbrush! You could keep an old one just for cleaning purposes. I do that with a regular tooth brush. Maybe I should start doing it with my electric one as well! Thanks Victoria!
  • Susan Susan on Oct 04, 2017
    Sometime it's easier to get a grout stain and restain and seal according to manufactures directions, can also stain to a darker color if that is preferred.
  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Oct 04, 2017
    Hello Nes, The following video shows her working in the bathroom, but I promise you this works in the kitchen too >>>
    Thank you for asking HOMETALK for solutions to cleaning grout in the kitchen floor ;)
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 04, 2017
    Bleach
  • Robert Ballester Robert Ballester on Oct 04, 2017
    clean with hard brush first using soapy water. wipe clean, then spray with bleach water, 1/4 bleach, 3/4 water using spray bottle
  • SandyG SandyG on Oct 04, 2017
    There are many grout cleaners on the market. Also, there are professional grout/tile cleaners.
  • Cleaning Grout with Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, and Dish Soap

1. Make a paste.
    2. Apply the paste with a toothbrush.
    3. Let the mixture sit on the grout for 15 minutes.
    4. Rinse the grout with warm or hot water to remove all of the solution.
    5. Use a rag to wipe the grout to remove any leftover residue or dirt.

Mop the floor with clean water.

OR

Making a paste with OxyClean and water. Apply let sit for 20 mins. Scrub with toothbrush. Rinse well.

Once it's clean, SEAL!