Has anyone painted interior doors and trim brown instead of replacing

CatrinaRebecca Boney HussJanet Pizaro
+3

Have old wood trim and doors and don't want to spend the$ to have them all replaced. When I look up painting them all I find is white. Have new windows with oak trim that I don't want to paint. What can I do to the doors and base board trim?

• Kim

You can paint them any color you like! Get a bunch of paint chips from your paint store and hang them near your oak so that you can see the colors in your homes light and pick your favorite.
    : )
  • Ken

There are all sorts of colors available at any paint store or department and you can paint them any color you wish. Although mine are mostly white I have a door painted red, the jamb brown, and the trim orange. It's not on the main level of my house and I was experimenting. Nothing negative from anyone who has seen it. More conservatively, I would think brown jamb and trim with a tan door would be a classy look and blend well with the natural oak. When you do paint them, and it's not white, it would be marvelous if you could share before and after photos with us.
  • Janice Furtado

You could sand them down, retain then poly

Instead of painting them ,sand ,stain,and seal them.there is no reason to have white if that is not to your liking
  • Rebecca Boney Huss

We just painted our trim and are working on our doors now. Changing them from brown to white. :) Just prime then paint whatever color you want.
  • Catrina

I tried brown on trim and a closet door, and didn't care for it. Whatever color you choose, perhaps try one and live with it a while before doing all of them.