Ellen Taylor
Ellen Taylor
  • Mableton, GA

What do I use to seal painted chest

JeanJanet PizaroLisa Hall Smith
+4

I painted my daughter's chest white and need to put a sealer on it.

• Ken

You are fortunate. Most daughters would not sit still for having their chest painted.

Any aerosol spray clear would work well. I just used a Varathane clear that I was very impressed with. Good coverage and it dries very quickly. Comes in satin, semi-gloss, or gloss finishes. Bought it at Lowe's but it's a Rustoleum brand so it should be available elsewhere.
  • Lisa Hall Smith

I use a simple polyurethane. You can get it in a spray or brush on. So depending on where you were planning on doing this project you could buy either. Open windows if using the brush on indoors. It's not overly strong but there is an odor. If you chose to use the spray, you are going to want to do multiple coats so that it doesn't go on too thick and run down the sides.
  • Jean

Not sure what type of chest it is but depending on the paint you used I don't why you would need to seal it.