Ethelyn Payne
Ethelyn Payne
  • Bellingham, WA

How to keep squirrels from digging in my potted plants on deck.

EllisDesertRoseNancy Turner
+5

• Ken

Cayenne pepper
  • Cindy

Hello Ethelyn, You could put some shredded Irish Spring bar soap on the soil in your pots. You can shred them on a box grater or in a food processor. Works well and, here's the best part, it will not harm your plants.
  • Darryl J. Gary

Black pepper
  • Deanna Mills

Glue a small piece of wood on the trigger of a mouse trap, so it will no shut completely. This will also keep cats out of flower gardens and etc. It has never failed me
  • Dana Ellebracht

Or a dog .
  • Nancy Turner

I have never caught a chipmunk or squirrel in a mouse trap baited with peanut butter. It scares the bejesus out of them and they will usually stay away at least up to two months!
  • DesertRose

put moth balls in them, or what I did was put in large river stones (1 to 2 inches ) and absolutely bury the dirt with them, or you could put a screen on it, but that is not easy.
  • Ellis

River stones are the best solution. I would not want to use moth balls because they are so toxic.