Mary
Mary
  • Phoenix, AZ

Cat repellent

Ros MaleAllison NewbyDana Ellebracht
+10

I am highly allergic to cats. There are stray cats in my neighborhood some which my neighbors have adopted . They lay all over my patio furniture and leave behind their dander and they spray and leave a foul smell. I need a humane way to deter them from my area.

• Dfm

live animal trap. there are bigger ones for ferrel cats. some counties have a lend me program for the traps.. put down a deposit.. bring the trap back clean, get your deposit back. there are also programs to neuter strays and release to keep the rodents in check. you may need a screened in patio.
  • Deanna Mills

I feel so sorry for you because I had the same problem about 15 years ago. I'm not allergic to cats, I dearly love all animals, more than some people. The elderly lady that lived be hide
  • Cindy

Hi Mary, You could sprinkle pepper flakes around your patio or hot sauce. You need to make their visit to your house very unpleasant so they won't come back. Wishing you well.
  • Charly

Spread mothballs or crystals around the perimeter of your property. The cats hate the smell.
  • Deanna Mills

sorry pressed wrong button. At last count my late neighbor owned over 30 cats and counting. I had to call animal control for help. It broke my heart but some time that is the kindest thing to do. This is not the cats fault, but there is no cat repellant or fence tall enough to keep them out. So sorry, I wish I could of helped.
  • Darryl J. Gary

Put some hot pepper garners around your patio @furniture
  • Ed Mockapetris

Mary, I have the same issue, but they also get into my garden and eat. Then they turn around and leave me little "gifts" to clean up and I am getting sick of that. What worked for me for a while was COYOTE URINE. The scent of this natural predator chased them away until it wore off. Now I find it harder and harder to find this "natural" remedy. So if you find a source of it please let me know how I can get more too.
  • Dale Olson

When you see them you can spray them with water which they hate.
  • Dana Ellebracht

Mine hated peppermint and spearmint. I planted it everywhere around the patio. Most cats hate strong odors (cinnamon, mints, oregano). You may want to consider a herb garden just for the fragrances.
  • Allison Newby

Water hose and herb garden aound like a good place to start. Good luck!
  • Ros Male

get a dog!