No power in the center of the room

Russbow16999903Flipturn
+3

Anyone know a secret way to hide extension cords so you can have a lamp in the middle of the floorspace? Or a phone charger by your chair?

• Staci

You could also put a ceiling light and run cord along ceiling and down to wall with wire casing, found at most home improvement stores, and plug it in to the wall
  • Dfm

okay read this quick before it disappears.....there are several styles of cord covers ...some at office supply stores and big box diy places. See what best fits your need
  • Linnet Norris Preston

Place a small rug over the middle of the cord, being careful not to cover the ends.
  • Flipturn

Oh Crystal Ball..... - that every room could have power in the centre of the floorspace, would be a decorator's dream.
    I have yet to discover any ideas involving extension chords that are truly safe, or those that do not involve construction and a new electrical plug with a cover on it, installed into the flooring.
  • 16999903

Linnet's suggestion would be ok in a very low traffic area, but most electricians do suggest this because it could be a fire hazard. What kind of floor covering do you have and approximately how big is the room?
  • Russbow

Use a light on the ceiling. I have a 'rail' with three 'bullet' lights, and the electric outlet is up there. It is a special outlet with the control that sits by my chair, a simple button, push on, push off. I think they are available at home depot. The hard part is getting the outlet in the ceiling. I knew that is what I was going to do, so had it put in during a remodel. Works perfectly.