Bobbi taylor
Bobbi taylor
  • New York, NY

Ti house plant needs help

Bobbi taylorDebra LopezSarah
+8

I was away for 2 weeks and came home to find my Ti plant in very bad shape. More than half the leaves have dried and feel like paper. Any suggestions on how to save this beautiful plant?
q ti house plant needs help

Remove the burnt leaves,re-pot in fresh soil,keep the soil moist but not saturated.
  • Janet Panos

Hello! Did you leave your Ti in the sun — only bright light not direct sun. They will thrive in m shade, too, and need good drainage. Here are some guidelines:

• Janet Panos

You are very welcome, Bobbi! Glad Hometalk was able to help!
  • Susan K Mullins

First I would take the damaged leaves off. They will just suck up energy from the healthy parts of the plant. Next, I would repot the plant, using a good potting soil. If the roots have slim on them or look unhealth, I would rinse them off with cool water. Place the plant out of direct light as it heals.
  • Bobbi taylor

Thanks so much Susan. I will do as you suggest. Very Helpful.
  • Non6789814

I have a Ti plant that lives outside., I live in Calif. I keep it under the roof on the frony porch. Water about once a week, I water until the tray underneath if full of water. I take off all the yellow leaves. good luck
  • Bobbi taylor

Thanks!
  • Sarah

I've had my Ti for over 30 years and they are very resilient and I have only repotted once in that time. They hate direct sun and yours got a sunburn. Take off the bad leaves, water well and put under the eaves of your house so it gets sun but not directly. I had a helper decide to cut it down (who in the right mind would do that?). Thank goodness it came back to full foliage. I started mine from a piece of stalk, so don't worry too much. Hope this helps.
  • Debra Lopez

Make sure you have a drip pan under your part. Once a month water with one pack of gelatin mix with 1 quart of water. Do not use all just enough to saturate the plant. Place in medium to low light. You should have beautiful leaves in a week or two
  • Bobbi taylor

Interesting. Never heard of using gelatin mix, but I will try. Thanks for the suggestion.