How do I get rid of fruit flies?

RoDesertRoseDfm
+2

• Janet Panos

Hello Rose Marie! This information will surely rid you of the problem. Check it out:

• Dfm

fruit fly trap- glass jar, paper cone with small hole at the little end of the cone. put a piece of fruit slightly fermented in the bottom of the jar. add the paper cone. narrow end down. they go in, not out.
  • DesertRose

Put all your fruit in the refrigerator or sealed plastic bags. Now spray all your sink drains in the entire house with Simple Green. It is nontoxic for children, pets, etc but kills insects as well as cleans and deodorizes the drains. Fruit flies live in drains so spray them 2 or 3 times the first day or two, then once a week for maintenance. It will rid you of all fruit flies, but remember the shower drain, tub drain, bathroom sinks, laundry room sink (if you have one) ALL sinks. Simple Green can be found in the auto/boat/camping section of Walmart in concentration gallons or at Menards in spray bottles as well as the gallon concentration bottles. I use the spray bottles, but keep the concentration bottle on hand. It is great as a cleaning spray as well. I use it for all my household chores as it is nontoxic to me as well as my family. I promise it does kill fruit flies. I had a regular house fly land near the sink when I happened to have a spray bottle in my hand and sprayed it. It even kills a bug as big as a house fly! Some people put out vinegar cups with plastic over the top with punctured holes, but I find Simple Green will do it faster and better than anything else!
  • Ro

find the source and get rid of it. if they are coming from a drain put baking soda and vinegar in drain, let sit for 15 min and run very hot water for a few minutes