How to fix or cover bare spots in yard where dogs digs

JohannaSue SandersFiddledd224
+1

apply a few inches of topsoil,grass seed for your area,stater fertilizer,and top with peat moss.Keep the seeds moist until they germinate
  • Fiddledd224

Lot of luck with this one! I have a beagle who keeps digging so I just give her her own space in the yard and let her do her thing. I keep her dog house. water bowl and toys there and at least the mess stays in one spot.
  • Sue Sanders

If I could keep neighbor dogs (2) from coming over to my yard to dig I wouldnt have to keep buying dirt to fill in the holes. I have discovered a way to keep them out of my garbage that has to be set out by curb. I take a can of pepper out with me and sprinkle all over the plastic garbage sack . No more garbage to pick up to resack before garbage men get here. Also use pepper in flower bed at front of yard for the people who walk their dogs and was letting them use my flower bed as a place for their dog to use. It works. Since I have acreage still cant keep dogs from making holes as they dig for moles so have to be careful on my ride-a-mower. At least got neighbors to keep their sheep in their own yard...they were eating my plants. The areas you want to protect has to be made undesireable to the animal....sprinkle hot pepper...doesnt harm animal but makes them think twice about coming to that area. Hope that doesnt sound bad but I cant stand guard 24-7 and just a little one time sniff keeps them away.
  • Johanna

You need to train the dog!

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.