Nancy
Nancy
  • Fairmount, IN

What color of backsplash subway tile should I use in new kitchen?

Lois Weissinger McGarveyJeannieMichele Pappagallo
+7

• Hillela G.

Im always a fan of white subway tile- i think its timeless :)
  • Big lulu

You gotta give us a little more information.
    What are your counters?
    Cabinets?
    Floors?
    A picture is worth 1000 words
  • Jeannie

What are the other colors in your room? White is good, but if everything is white, you might want some other color.
    • Nancy

Appliances are white, granite countertops are grey sky which is shades of grey with white , wall is SHERwin Williams mindful grey & cabinets are dove white.
  • Michele Pappagallo

I love a creamy travertine tile. It is light, but natural looking with a little bit of color variation to keep it from being boring. It will go well with most styles, colors and textures...and it comes in subway shape as well. This is a picture of our kitchen with travertine subway tile to give you an idea of the look.
    • Michele Pappagallo

Thanks so much! I bought my tile at Lowe's. It comes in small boxes so you only have to buy as much as you need. It also comes in different shapes, sizes and shades of cream and brown tones....You can choose the one you like!
  • Jeannie

I think I like the idea of grey or a grey and white combo or even some black then. If you use white, it might be too much. But that's just me.
  • Lois Weissinger McGarvey

I would say you should pick a darker warm grey from the counter. You have a nice warm wood floor colour and too light and white might be too stark. Paint a piece of cardboard of the colours suggested and place them on the counter and observe the light on the colour at different times of the day. You will see the different feeling colours will make. Have fun and take your time.