Best plant for a "black thumb"?

SharonJoyce DowellNancy Turner
+5

I swear I kill every plant I get. Does anyone have an idea for an easy, resilient plant for indoors?

• Jeanette S

You can get different shades of green plants...do not over water and make sure they get light. Water every week on the same day. If they thrive on 1/2 cup at a time, make it 1/2 cup every Tuesday.
  • NickiB

Spider plants😊 I recently googled this question myself😂
  • NickiB

Oh and for outside use hostas, they come back every year and require very low maintenance
  • Nancy Turner

I too have a black thumb when it comes to indoor plants. My savior was a moisture meter to mac sure the plants get the water they need when they need it. Know the care it needs, how often and how much fertilizer, dry before watering, or likes to stay moist all the time. Light requirements are also important. By researching indoor plants you like, you can tell by the care they need if they will be easy to care for. Go to a garden center, write down the names of plants you think you would like and research them a bit to see if they fit in with your requirements.
  • Joyce Dowell

Pothos will grow in water. Place cuttings in a clear vase so you can keep an eye on the water level. No soil needed. Place on a table with medium light from a nearby window and the plant should be happy.
  • Sharon

Cactus