Doreen
Doreen
  • Fairless Hills, PA

How to clean dishwasher?

Barbara BaldwinPeggy27524803
+3

• Karen Fox

tang
  • Pat21977374

If there is a filter, make sure to take it out and clean it. Then you can put about a cup of vinegar in a cup and sit it in the top rack and run the washer on the hottest setting (no other dishes in it).

• Cheryl A

clean out the trap or filter in the bottom and then pour white vinegar in the bottom about a cup and run thru a wash cycle
  • 27524803

The lady that sold me my stainless dishwasher recommended a product called "Lemon Shine" She said to add it in the 1 st soap dispenser at least once a week or when ever you have a load that has a lot of greasy stuff in it. it helps with hard water stains too. This has kept my dish washer sparkly for over 5 years and we are an a well system for our water.
    Also there are some commercial dish washer cleaners out there (similar to the ones for front loading washers) This would be good to use to clean your dish washer..don't used the heated dry until you look to see if all the deposits are gone (repeat if needed to get clean) then use the Lemon Shine to maintain.
    You could also use CLR (if the Vinegar does not work) to remove hard water build up
  • Peggy

Once a month I put A cup of bleach in a glass bowl on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Run it through the wash cycle. Empty bowl and put 1 cup white vinegar.
    Run dishwasher for entire wash. I have done this for over 20 years.
  • Barbara Baldwin

Our dishwasher sparkled like new when we put Tang in the soap dispenser. It's ascorbic or citrus acid you want to look for..